This qualification will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as preparing and operating compact cranes to lift and transfer loads in the workplace and preparing and operating ergonomic manipulating machines to lift and transfer loads in the workplace.
This qualification covers the following areas:
- 360 Excavator above 10 Ton and below 10 Ton
- Ride On Roller
- Commercial Counterbalance Lift Truck
- Slinger Signaler
- Forward Dumper
- Agricultural Tractor
This qualification is aimed at those who are in work and are looking for recognition of their prior learning and experience.
Its primary purpose is to confirm the learner’s occupational competence as a Plant Operator. As a work-related, competence-based qualification, it provides confirmation to employers, industry managers and card schemes that the learner has the skills and knowledge needed to meet the nationally recognised standard to carry out the role.
Learners who achieve this qualification can use it to gain employment, to progress in the industry, or to work towards another qualification (see Progression).
The qualification is designed to meet the following objectives:
- supporting a role in the workplace
- confirming knowledge, understanding and skills
- providing access to a relevant card scheme
- enabling learners to gain the relevant licence to practice
- To gain the qualification, learners must achieve mandatory core units, plus a minimum of one unit from their chosen Pathway.
- Please refer to the qualification structure (448 KB) for more information.
- Unit search
- Learner Guidance and Portfolio for Regulated Qualifications in England and Wales (607 KB)
As this is a competence-based qualification, learners will be acquiring the knowledge and skills required through either on-the-job experience or in a learning environment.
This qualification is suitable for:
- workers wishing to progress into a supervisory position
- learners who have completed a qualification in a relevant discipline at level 3
- people in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
- individuals who wish to start their own business
- school and college students with a part-time job that enables them to develop the appropriate skills in the workplace
- full-time and part-time study
There are no specific skills, knowledge, understanding or any other qualifications that must be achieved in order to start this qualification, however learners must have the potential and opportunity to gain this qualification successfully.